Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> on 2014/07/02 19:38:18 UTC

TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry test failure

I'm having test failures when running the TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry test locally after applying the SOLR-6159 patch on 4.9. Basically, it seems like path is lost when retrying delete, ending up in IllegalArgumentException. I got around it locally by adding:

          if(path == null) {
            throw new NoNodeException("Path is null");
          }

at the start of the ZkOperation's execute method. The exception is then logged and deemed fine by ElectionContext trying to cancel election. Has anyone else run into the issue? Is it really safe to ignore or could it have impacts I haven't seen?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry test failure

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Can you please attach the test logs from your machine? I haven't seen this
test fail locally or on jenkins yet.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:18 PM, Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> wrote:

>  Thanks, in case it might help, I was running this on my laptop with java
> 1.8.0_05 on Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> Steve
>  ------------------------------

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry test failure

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
I'll take a look, Steve.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Steve Molloy <sm...@opentext.com> wrote:

> I'm having test failures when running the TestLeaderElectionZkExpiry test
> locally after applying the SOLR-6159 patch on 4.9. Basically, it seems like
> path is lost when retrying delete, ending up in IllegalArgumentException. I
> got around it locally by adding:
>
>           if(path == null) {
>             throw new NoNodeException("Path is null");
>           }
>
> at the start of the ZkOperation's execute method. The exception is then
> logged and deemed fine by ElectionContext trying to cancel election. Has
> anyone else run into the issue? Is it really safe to ignore or could it
> have impacts I haven't seen?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.