Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeffrey Winter <Je...@crd.com> on 2003/12/15 16:33:29 UTC

Standalone Pipelines

I have been wading through the Cocoon documentation but
have been unable to answer a question:

Can Cocoon (or modules of it) be easily used outside of a
servlet container?

I like the generator, transformer, serializer paradigm, but
from what I can tell, these pipelines are triggered via an
HTTP request.

Is it possible to define pipelines that are callable as
stand-alone components from one's own context/container, etc.?

If someone could reference and example or a pointer into
the documentation that discusses this I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: Standalone Pipelines

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.

or: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/offline/index.html

>which uses the
>CocoonBean (AFAIK there is no documentation for the CocoonBean available
>except the comments in the sources)

There are as yet no docs on the CocoonBean. Best place to look is in the
org.apache.cocoon.Main class (the actual CLI), which is nothing more
than a wrapper around the CocoonBean.

Upayavira

RE: Standalone Pipelines

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.