Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mikael Eriksson <mi...@cypoint.se> on 2003/05/02 16:07:43 UTC

RE: Tomcat 4.1.24

Hi.

I had the exact same problem running Tomcat 4.1.24 and JDK 1.2.2 on Windows
2000. I managed to find a few threads on the Internet that discussed simular
problems:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=145913&forum=31&message=420427
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=31&thread=139435
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=4&thread=145677

In one of these I found the following suggestion:

"Try this dirty trick,

rename jre/bin/symcjit.dll to anything other
than the interpreter will be used
that works on an P4 with windows nt and jre1.2.2.

regards Heinz"

This little dirty trick worked for me. So now I am successfully running
Tomcat 4.1.24 on JDK 1.2.2. I have now idea what symcjit.dll really does but
I guess that this might not be the best long term solution.

Regards,

Mikael

--- "Guntupalli, Santhi"