Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2009/04/08 16:13:39 UTC

Experiment with the Hudson CI service, who wants an account?

Hi,

I tried to fix our continuous integration builds on
http://vmbuild.apache.org today and that's very painful...the server
is very slow, many operations give timeouts.

Considering that Jackrabbit switched to Hudson and seems to be happy
with, I'd like to try it, and we can then decide to switch or not,
based on concrete results.

Among the Sling committers, who would like to have an account on the
Hudson server?
I'll include your usernames in the accounts request.

More info at http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson and
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/

-Bertrand

Re: Experiment with the Hudson CI service, who wants an account?

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.
> Among the Sling committers, who would like to have an account on the
> Hudson server?
> I'll include your usernames in the accounts request.

Me too, please (username: jvazquez)

Thanks,

Juanjo.

Re: Experiment with the Hudson CI service, who wants an account?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

I got my account details already.

Thanks for working on this.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
>... Request sent, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1997...

Got my account info, setup JDK 1.5 and 1.6 builds of the Sling trunk,
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-920 for details. It
would be good to keep track of future changes to the Hudson setup in
that issue.

Snapshots are published on repository.apache.org under [1].

Overall, my experience has been way better than with
vmbuild.apache.org - setting up the Sling jobs was very easy, and the
user interface is responsive and informative, with clean URLs.

-Bertrand

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/sling/

Re: Experiment with the Hudson CI service, who wants an account?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bertrand,

If you did not yet send in the list, I would like to also be place on
it. thanks.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> Is using Hudson part of some ASF policy?

No. There are a number of different CI tools at use within Apache
(Hudson, Continuum, Gump, etc.). Each project is free to choose what
works best for them.

It's even possible to request a project-specific Solaris zone for
running custom build tools, but I'd recommend sticking with one of the
generic CI servers to avoid the overhead of maintaining and
documenting a custom setup.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Experiment with the Hudson CI service, who wants an account?

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> Among the Sling committers, who would like to have an account on the
> Hudson server?
> I'll include your usernames in the accounts request.

Sure (username: vramdal).

Is using Hudson part of some ASF policy? We're using TeamCity in our
company, it's reaaaally easy to set up, and it's free for open source
projects (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/buy/index.jsp).

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway