Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Je...@equifax.com on 2004/02/20 18:27:12 UTC

RE: Any GUI editor for ANT (my expectation)

Sorry none of them meet my expectation of an ANT Editor

I tried Xeena, did not understand it.
GEL could not find how to Crate an ANT script.

Eclipse 3.0 ANT editor is nothing but a plain text editor with a little bit of
color coding

My expectation is something on the lines
      a JAR Dependency Editor (for manifest.mf)
      or Depolyment Descriptor Editor (for ejb-jar.xml)

      Actually both eclipse plugins in WSAD

thks
G1 (Jeevan)
(o) 770-740-4949

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Conelly, Luis  |
|         |           (PS, GNF,       |
|         |           Contractor)"    |
|         |           <Luis.Conelly@gn|
|         |           f.com>          |
|         |                           |
|         |           02/19/2004 05:46|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "Ant Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |        To:      Ant Users List <us...@ant.apache.org>                                                                                         |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |        Subject: RE: Any GUI editor for ANT                                                                                                   |
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

lots of them

Almost any java IDE (both commercial and free/shareware)

Antelope [1]
All those recorded in Ant's External Tools & Tasks Page [2]

I personally choose JBuilder 9 + Antrunner; however I have tried with Eclipse[3],
Gel[4] and other editors and works fine. I've heard success histories with
jEdit[5] too.

Make your choice.

[1] http://antelope.tigris.org/
[2] http://ant.apache.org/external.html