Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io> on 2017/05/26 18:29:41 UTC

stdout logging

Hi, In some of our dunit tests, if we started a server/locator with
'log-file' defined, the log would only go in that log file instead of also
in the stdout, then the console won't have much information. This is due to
our implementation of LogWriter, we actually go ahead and removed the
console log appender if the file is defined.
(LogService.removeConsoleAppender();)

I am wondering if this necessary, why do we need to remove the console
logger anyway? I tried gfsh without removing it, the log won't show up in
gfsh's output.

--
Cheers

Jinmei