Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lvuong <la...@external.thalesgroup.com> on 2011/11/25 11:09:24 UTC

tcp retransmission with activemq 5.3.x

Hi,

I am working with 5.3.x version of activemq . I use the TCP as transport
I noticed with wireshark than i have a lot of TCP retransmission in the
openwire protocol

I use JMS queues and notifications

I would like to know if it is a "normal behaviour" or I have an error in my
OS/network configuration?

regards

Laurent

Re: tcp retransmission with activemq 5.3.x

Posted by Torsten Mielke <to...@fusesource.com>.
Hello,

Have seen these as well in the past.
This should all come from your OS, not from ActiveMQ. Its tcp level retransmission of tcp packets. Higher network layers should not even see these.
Typically this happens on dodgy network connection, but AFAIK can also happen if your connection crosses from a fast to a slower network.

None of this should be caused by ActiveMQ from what I know.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com