Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2013/11/01 16:53:21 UTC

Re: Mangen

On 10/31/13, 17:04 , Jason Tesser wrote:
> I am looking for the download to
> http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-manifest-generator-mangen.html
>
> Where can I find it?

I don't believe there ever was an official release, so you'd have to
build it yourself.

However, this is fairly old, now. I'd assume you'd be better off
grabbing the latest bnd and using it to generate manifests...

-> richard

Re: Mangen

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
As Richard says, mangen is rather old these days and few people use it.
I think most find BND more useful.

I was the original author, and we still use it internally, so I'm happy
to help if you do want to look further into it.

For us, we have a closed set of bundles that comprises our packaged
application and what we use mangen for is to scan all bundles, and
resolve the optimum set of exports and imports to satisfy all bundles.
It also has rules you can add to the manifest to help with this e.g. to
ignore packages that it finds during a scan that will never occur in the
production build, such as debug classes.

I'd guess BND may do all of the above and more these days ...

-- Rob

On 01/11/2013 5:53 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 10/31/13, 17:04 , Jason Tesser wrote:
>> I am looking for the download to
>> http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-manifest-generator-mangen.html
>>

>> Where can I find it?
>
> I don't believe there ever was an official release, so you'd have to
> build it yourself.
>
> However, this is fairly old, now. I'd assume you'd be better off
> grabbing the latest bnd and using it to generate manifests...
>
> -> richard

Ascert - Taking systems to the edge
robw@ascert.com
+27 21 300 2028 ext 5119