Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ia...@barclayscapital.com on 2005/08/01 11:59:14 UTC

POI pivot tables

Hello all,

Apologies, I know similar questions come up often. However I have looked
in the archives and bugzilla, and I haven't found anything that seemed
directly relevant.

I was trying to open a (Excel 2002) XLS which contains a pivot table.
I was hoping to just fill in data, and when I re-opened Excel, it would
refresh the pivot table.

Trying this with POI 2.5.1 gives:

        at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java
:224)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.jav
a:160)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:163)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.UnknownRecord.<init>(UnknownRecord.java:62)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.SubRecord.createSubRecord(SubRecord.java:57)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.ObjRecord.fillFields(ObjRecord.java:99)
        at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.fillFields(Record.java:90)
        at org.apache.poi.hssf.record.Record.<init>(Record.java:55)
        at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.ObjRecord.<init>(ObjRecord.java:61)

which I think is a known issue?

So, I've tried poi-3.0-alpha1-20050801.jar.
This doesn't give any error. But when I load the file in Excel (2002
SP3), it discards the PivotTable 'due to integrity problems'.

Can POI be used in this way? Is it a known problem?

Appreciate any advice.

Iain Shepherd

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.

Re: POI pivot tables

Posted by ac...@apache.org.
I posted awhile back on changes that can be made to the record factory
for (ignoring) images.  Those same changes would seem to apply here.

Doing it in an API fashion via some toggle of sorts is on my list of todos.

--
Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI