Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 12:57:10 UTC

Update Logging documentation

I would like to update the Sling Logging doc (SLING-3070) for new
features added with Logback support. So should I update this doc with
new changes (and mark new features with since details) or add a new
page and add a link to the new doc (applicable for version 4.x
onwards) from old page.

As current page [1] acts as a reference for version of Sling released
so far and new version adds lots of new feature I think it would be
better to add a new page and not confuse users as newer version would
have lot more features which would not be applicable to old version.

Thoughts?

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/logging.html

Re: Update Logging documentation

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
Just to close the thread. As suggested the the docs have been updated
1. http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/logging.html -
Latest reflecting changes in 4.x release
2. http://sling.apache.org/documentation/legacy/logging.html - Older
reflecting changes upto 3.x release
Chetan Mehrotra

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Chetan,

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Chetan Mehrotra
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to update the Sling Logging doc (SLING-3070) for new
> features added with Logback support. So should I update this doc with
> new changes (and mark new features with since details) or add a new
> page and add a link to the new doc (applicable for version 4.x
> onwards) from old page....

I'd suggest putting the new version's info at
http://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/logging.html and
move (with svn mv so as to keep history) the existing contents under a
new /documentation/legacy folder - with links between the two pages.

In this way we promote the new stuff, while keeping the old stuff around, WDYT?

-Bertrand