Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com> on 2009/02/15 19:12:08 UTC

Warning: unstable changes on php-shindig trunk, please use the 1.0.x release tree instead

(this applies to the php version only)

I've just committed the start of a refactored gadget renderer, it's about
25% faster then the old one, does a bit more, and is a lot more suitable now
for adding proxied content, data pipelining, a new sanatizer and a better
content rewriter.

However what's in the trunk now isn't finished yet (it'll be a number of
weeks before it is), and some bits are known to be missing; So please
consider using the stable 1.0.x release branch at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/branches/1.0.x-incubating/instead
of the trunk.

If your willing to contribute to either testing and finishing the basic
gadget rendering, or work on adding any of the 0.9 features (see the
overview at
http://wiki.opensocial.org/index.php?title=Category:Approved_%28v0.9%29 and
the matching issues file in shindig's JIRA), please let us know on the
mailing list.

    -- Chris

Re: Gadget settings not working for local gadgets

Posted by David Benge <db...@adobe.com>.
I will take a peak at that project. thanks

On 2/15/09 8:20 PM, "Tim Moore" <tm...@atlassian.com> wrote:

On Feb 16, 2009, at 6:12 AM, David Benge wrote:

> For some reason UserPref's never show for any gadget hosted
> locally.  If the Gadget url is external to my company domain its not
> an issue and they render properly.   I can take the same gadget code
> and have one copy local and another remote (remote being outside of
> *.company.com) and the settings only show on the remote url gadget.
> What did I do wrong?

If you're talking about using the sample container that ships with
Shindig, it actually relies on iGoogle to generate the UserPrefs UI,
so the iGoogle server needs to be able to fetch your gadget spec. That
sample container is only intended as a quick example and isn't
suitable for production code. If you're writing your own container,
you'll need to write your own UserPrefs UI. There are a few open
source containers around that you might want to start with. Partuza is
one of the more mature ones (http://www.partuza.nl/).

Cheers,
-- Tim

Re: Gadget settings not working for local gadgets

Posted by Tim Moore <tm...@atlassian.com>.

Posted by David Benge <db...@adobe.com>.