Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 10:11:39 UTC

Re: How about restructuring Qpid java project in to modules

Hi Lahiru,

Although I agree its not the way id go if i was doing it from scratch
just now, I dont personally find the layout that much of an issue. I
wouldnt really be in favour of moving all the modules just now as its
a change any downstream projects would need to pick up, and it makes
for pain when dealing with branches on other side of the change. The
only time I would really consider changing it is if we were ever
thinking of making a bunch wide reaching changes to the repository as
a whole (ie all or nothing type change hehe)

It seems everyone is currently in favour of creating a structured doc/
area at the top level, so i think that will ease the situation a
little for users if they are looking for documentation in the repo; id
expect most people thinking of working with the source are probably ok
finding their way around the existing layout.

Robbie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org