Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2011/11/09 00:16:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.3.15-dev as beta

The 2.3.15-dev (prerelease) tarballs are available for download at test:

	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as 2.3.15-dev BETA and,
with luck, this will be our last beta and the next release in ~2weeks
or less will be 2.4.0 GA!!

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3.15-dev as beta

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 08.11.2011 15:16, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The 2.3.15-dev (prerelease) tarballs are available for download at test:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as 2.3.15-dev BETA and,
> with luck, this will be our last beta and the next release in ~2weeks
> or less will be 2.4.0 GA!!

  +1 to 2.3.15-beta.

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
   except for expected deltas

Due to ApacheCon activities this time only build on Solaris 10 Sparc
- with default (shared) and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
   (always mod_privileges disabled)
- against bundled APR/APU, external APR/APU 1.4.5/1.3.12
   and apr trunk r1199120

- using expat 2.0.1, pcre 8.20, openssl 1.0.0e, lua 5.1.4
- Tool chain:
     - platform gcc except for Solaris 10 (gcc 4.1.2)
     - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
               (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

Passed test framework on all those platforms for all available MPMs (did
not test simple)
- with shared and static modules using all of the above module sets
   except "none" (doesn't start, because needs mod_unixd)
- with bundled APR/APU, external APR/APU 1.4.5/1.3.12 and trunk apr

Problems encountered and exceptions to test framework passes:

t/modules/lua.t           (Wstat: 0 Tests: 15 Failed: 2)
   Failed tests:  4-5

Need to investigate but not a show stopper, because lua is experimental
and the tests in the test suite are pretty new and there were quite some
changes after test suite revision r1200427 I used.

Regards,

Rainer

[RECALLED] Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3.15-dev as beta

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Ugg… hold up… should have used 'beta'

Will reroll… RECALLING this vote.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.