Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Mike McKee <mm...@connx.com> on 2008/02/15 23:59:17 UTC

Apache 2

Is there benefit in having AXIS2C run as a module in APACHE/IIS, as
opposed to running as a standalone program? Has AXIS2C ever been
developed to be run as a Windows Service?

Thanks

Re: Apache 2

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> "Mike McKee" <mm...@connx.com> writes:
>

>> Is there benefit in having AXIS2C run as a module in APACHE/IIS, as opposed to
>> running as a standalone program? Has AXIS2C ever been developed to be run as a
>> Windows Service?
>>

> AFAIK, there is a benefit in having Axis2/C run in Apache2, because
> Axis2/C allows Apache2 to manage memory through its (Apache2) memory
> pool and there are many HTTP related features implemented in Apache2
> but not in axis_http_server.

Also, if you want the best performance (I mean the number of requests
per second) you got to use Apache module and not stand alone server.

IIS module has not been tested for performance.

And no one to date has run Axis2/C as a Windows service.

Samisa...

Re: Apache 2

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

"Mike McKee" <mm...@connx.com> writes:

> Is there benefit in having AXIS2C run as a module in APACHE/IIS, as opposed to
> running as a standalone program? Has AXIS2C ever been developed to be run as a
> Windows Service?

AFAIK, there is a benefit in having Axis2/C run in Apache2, because
Axis2/C allows Apache2 to manage memory through its (Apache2) memory
pool and there are many HTTP related features implemented in Apache2
but not in axis_http_server.

thanks,
Dinesh
--