Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 02:13:11 UTC

Error Karaf 2.0 - No feature named 'spring' with version '[3,4)' available

Hello,
I'm trying to install Camel in Karaf 2.0. I'm getting the error when I do
*features:install camel*

/Error executing command: No feature named 'spring' with version '[3,4)'
available
/

I have spring feature 3.0.5 installed!
[installed  ] [3.0.5.RELEASE     ] spring
karaf-2.0.0

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Re: Error Karaf 2.0 - No feature named 'spring' with version '[3,4)' available

Posted by Matt Madhavan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Johan,
Before I started here my client's  development tool of choice was IBM RAD
tooling and the target platform is WAS 7.1 which has Equinox 3.5.x and Aries
0.1 (built around Oct 2010)

I cannot do anything about WAS. My aim is to create a robust development
process for OSGi applications that will be deployed to WAS. The process must
have :
* Fast turn around
* Hot deploy
* Debugging
* Mavanized with Apache Maven Felix plugin
* ITest with PAX
.... etc

Its almost impossible to develop OSGi apps in RAD using the RAD's OSGi
tooling. Hot deploy is almost non existent. Deploying an EBA as an Asset and
then starting the BLA in WAS takes almost 15 minutes. This is just not
acceptable.

So I went with the above tools with pax;provision and runner.

But after my discussions with Andreas I chose Karaf and everyone here loves
it.

So I need to create a KAraf based development env which is as close as
possible to IBM WAS. So I'm stuck with Aries 0.1 which IBM WAS has.

Hence my problem. Any help regarding this willl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just out of curiosity, what is the limitation that WAS 7.1 is placing
on the version of Karaf being deployed?

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
You'll want a newer karat for that.