Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Cicik <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/09 14:48:27 UTC

Remove svn property from all files and history

Hi,
how can I remove svn property(svn:mime-type) from all files in repository
and from history(bad set up at beginning). Please help me it is very
important for me.
Thanks

Re: Remove svn property from all files and history

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Kevin O. Grover <ke...@kevingrover.net> wrote:
> Another tool you might look into is:
>
> reposurgeon: http://www.catb.org/esr/reposurgeon/
>
> I have not used it yet, but it seems promising.  It is under active
> development.

What an interesting tool!

I'll publish some SRPM hooks for RHEL for it as quickly as possible:
there are out of date SRPM's for OpenSuSE. There have certainly been
times I'd want to extract inappropriate files accidentally stored in
Subversion, such as plain text password files from MySQL setups, or
bulky DVD images.

                                  Nico Kadel-Garcia

Re: Remove svn property from all files and history

Posted by "Kevin O. Grover" <ke...@kevingrover.net>.
Another tool you might look into is:

reposurgeon: http://www.catb.org/esr/reposurgeon/

I have not used it yet, but it seems promising.  It is under active
development.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 9, 2013, at 09:33, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Can you do an "svnadmin dump"  and strip the contents to remove
> all the "svn:mime-types" property wsettings, then use "svnadmin load"
> to create a new repository without those settings? There'd be a
> certain finite chance  I recognize that this would give you a new
> repository, but Subversion is pretty unfriendly to altering your
> history: this might be safest.

Yes, that is what you would do. The svndumptool utility I mentioned helps you do that. Yes, you'll end up with a new repository with a new UUID and will need to check out all new working copies.

Re: Remove svn property from all files and history

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Cicik <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to remove properties from history because we started to use this
> tool(http://www.atlassian.com/software/crucible/) and all files in our
> repository have mime-type: application/octet stream(fisheye treats files as
> binary), so we do not see codes, code change history, we can not do
> reviews,....

Oh, boy! I've worked with a few Atlassian tools, such as Fisheye, and
Jira, and that's a new one on me. Stripping something like  that out
of the *history* of the repository is going to be a nightmare. How did
it get set that way in the first place? And how will you prevent it
from happening again? That sounds more like a configuration area when
the repository was set up, because it's not a default setting in
Subversion itself.

Hmmm. Can you do an "svnadmin dump"  and strip the contents to remove

Posted by Cicik <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Cicik,