Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/17 10:02:11 UTC

websockets: how to support most browsers that are using old version of websocket protocol

While latest websocket protocol is supported in Tomcat, a lot of
browsers out there are using older versions of the protocol. It may take
them years to phase out.

Considering this, I also need to support older protocol versions. I am
not sure how to do this.

One route is I install jwebsocket. I am wondering if there is an easier
way to make WebSocketServlet support older protocols.

thanks