Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by icewind <ic...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/12 17:57:15 UTC

layout of XML document collections, search with Lucene

I'm looking for a few opinions of how people are
implementing the following:

I have a driectory structure containing the XML docs
that cocoon hosts that looks like the following:

	docs/
		alpha/
		beta/
		zeta/

	I want to allow searches through all of the documents
in any of the subdirectories of "docs/". I also want
to allow subdirectory specific searches. (So, I could
search only XML docs in "beta/", for example.)
	What is the preferred way to do something like this?
I was thinking of separate indices for each
subdirectory, and then a large index for the whole
collection, but that seems dumb.

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: layout of XML document collections, search with Lucene

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
What about merging the results of the detailed indices: Isn't it
possible to include the indices dependent on request?

Joerg