Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Saravana Kannan <sk...@engr.uky.edu> on 2004/05/05 23:43:30 UTC

Fixed the Oracle Blob problem

Hi All,

  I got so frustrated with the Blob problem that I decided to fix it. The
problem was mainly due to Oracle's JDBC implementation. I downloaded the latest
code of village and fixed in so that it works for Oracle Blobs. Clobs haven't
been fixed yet but should be easy to fix. The code is not perfect now - I will
clean it up and release it soon. I'm not sure whether LONGRAW and other such big
data types work, but I don't care for them right now. You will not have to
configure anything. Everything is taken care automatically.

Stay tuned...

-Saravana
PS: If very very urgent, I can send u a .jar file before I fix the whole thing
but I suggest you wait since I will definitely finish the within a week. This is
the top priority in my current project. The current build is not stable, it
doesn't do any error checking.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those who know binary and those who don't.

Suggestions reg. fixing the Oracle Blob problem

Posted by Saravana Kannan <sk...@engr.uky.edu>.
Hi All,

  Is there any Blob size below which you were sure that Torque Blobs always
worked? If I could get a definite number here, I can optimise my patch for
village to go thru my patch only when really necessary.

~Sarav