Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2012/03/13 18:15:54 UTC

[JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure

Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7/1965/

1 tests failed.
FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.BasicDistributedZkTest

Error Message:
ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93

Stack Trace:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93
	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.endTrackingSearchers(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:211)
	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.afterClassSolrTestCase(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:100)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:20)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.UncaughtExceptionsRule$1.evaluate(UncaughtExceptionsRule.java:51)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.StoreClassNameRule$1.evaluate(StoreClassNameRule.java:21)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:22)

Build Log (for compile errors):
[...truncated 10940 lines...]

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
>>> I thought there was code in the test framework to wait for threads
>>> that hadn't finished yet?

Not in trunk. In LUCENE-3808 I can turn on "thread lingering" but in
most cases I'd rather have the tests clean up after themselves -- this
is in most cases possible, even if hacky at times (thread pools in
executors, etc.) Solr tests currently leave a lot of tests that never
finish though (this is something I've been planning to look into, but
didn't have time yet).

> fails corresponded at all with the Jetty upgrade, or if it was just
> Jenkins getting slower.

I'd go for Jenkins.

Dawid

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>
>> Looks like the same underlying cause again... the recovery thread is
>> still running when the test ends and hence a core (and it's searcher)
>> are still open.
>
> Yeah, just came to the same likely conclusion - this was also changed in the recent refactoring - we used to get and close the core on each retry which may have affected the timing around this.

Definitely - it still would have happened, just with less frequency
(the thread still have been running, but grabbing/releasing the core
would make this happen more intermittently).

>> I thought there was code in the test framework to wait for threads
>> that hadn't finished yet?
>
> No, I don't think so. Part of why we have the wait for searcher open/close balance. It's already fairly large but perhaps that wait needs to be even longer, jenkins has recently gotten slower it seems (see those 100ms connection timeout fails that have started showing up).

Yeah, I was wondering if the drastically increased connection timeout
fails corresponded at all with the Jetty upgrade, or if it was just
Jenkins getting slower.

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Mar 13, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Looks like the same underlying cause again... the recovery thread is
> still running when the test ends and hence a core (and it's searcher)
> are still open.

Yeah, just came to the same likely conclusion - this was also changed in the recent refactoring - we used to get and close the core on each retry which may have affected the timing around this.

> I thought there was code in the test framework to wait for threads
> that hadn't finished yet?

No, I don't think so. Part of why we have the wait for searcher open/close balance. It's already fairly large but perhaps that wait needs to be even longer, jenkins has recently gotten slower it seems (see those 100ms connection timeout fails that have started showing up).

> -Yonik
> lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
> Boston May 7-10
>

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Apache Jenkins Server
> <je...@builds.apache.org> wrote:
>> Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7/1965/
>>
>> 1 tests failed.
>> FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.BasicDistributedZkTest
>>
>> Error Message:
>> ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93
>>
>> Stack Trace:
>> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=94 closes=93
>>        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.endTrackingSearchers(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:211)
>>        at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.afterClassSolrTestCase(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:100)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:20)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.UncaughtExceptionsRule$1.evaluate(UncaughtExceptionsRule.java:51)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.StoreClassNameRule$1.evaluate(StoreClassNameRule.java:21)
>>        at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:22)
>>

>> Build Log (for compile errors):
>> [...truncated 10940 lines...]

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk-java7 - Build # 1965 - Failure

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.