Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jon McCarty <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2006/12/15 19:02:03 UTC

DropdownTimePicker, DropdownDatePicker, and time zones

Hi everyone –

I’m enjoying the Tap4.1.1 line (I think that’s where I am – I’m pulling from
svn trunk), but I had a problem with the Dojo-backed dropdown date and time
pickers.

Right now, they’re passing the dates to the client-side components in a way
that causes the client-side to do a timezone conversion.  This throws off my
app when the client is in a different timezone than the server.

For my $0.02, the server should control all timezone issues – I want times
rendered as text to be the same as the ones in my widgets!  I’d like to
recommend this change for the Tapestry trunk:

Change how we pass the date in DropdownDatePicker and DropdownTimePicker to
this code fragment:

Object formatted = new JSONLiteral("new Date(" + (value.getYear()+1900) +
                                   "," + value.getMonth() +
                                   "," + value.getDate() +
                                   "," + value.getHours() +
                                   "," + value.getMinutes() +
                                   "," + value.getSeconds() + ")");
json.put("value", formatted);

This works for both the date and time pickers.  (Currently, the time picker
doesn’t work at all, probably due to a recent change in Dojo’s formatting
requirements.)

Comments?  Should I open a JIRA to this effect?

--JM

Re: DropdownTimePicker, DropdownDatePicker, and time zones

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I wouldn't be as sure about 0.3.1 having perfect i18n support. (maybe,
can't remember that anymore now either . ... I do remember where
important things like my car keys and home address are most of the
time though. ;) )

Posted by Sam Gendler <sg...@ideasculptor.com>.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Tacos uses this calendar :