Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Juan J. Merelo" <jj...@civista.com> on 2000/11/04 09:36:17 UTC

util:include-file with XHTML

Hi,
    I'm trying to util:include a file which is originally XHTML, from an XML
file like this:
----------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
    "xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-format type="text/xhtml"?>
<xsp:page language="java" xmlns:util="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Util"
 xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
<page title="Tidificando">
<x>
 <util:include-file name="kk2.html"/>
</x>
</page>
</xsp:page>
---
Everything seems to be in place, but Cocoon (1.8 + Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1 in
W2K) bails out with this error:
--
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not
declared.

If I try to include the file using XSLT document() function, I still have
the same problem. I know that whatever is included must be well-formed XML,
but why is not taking the DTD from the father document?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Name: Juan J. Merelo
Title: Consultant
Civista
Telephone:   +44 (0) 20 84086.....
Mobile:        +34 627 397239
Facsimile:    +44 (0) 20 84086399
Email:jj.merelo@civista.com
http://www.civista.com

Services and Applications for a Wireless World
This e-mail and the information that it contains may be confidential and
protected by law and is for access by the intended recipient only. Any
liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party acting,
or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is
hereby excluded. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use
it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.
Copyright in this e-mail and any attachments belongs to Civista Limited
and/or its subsidiary companies.
While this message is virus checked, Civista can not be held responsible for
its integrity.

Re: util:include-file with XHTML

Posted by "Juan J. Merelo" <jj...@civista.com>.
I'll answer myself this time...

> Hi,
>     I'm trying to util:include a file which is originally XHTML, from an
XML
> file like this:
> ----------
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>     "xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
> <?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
> <?cocoon-format type="text/xhtml"?>
> <xsp:page language="java" xmlns:util="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Util"
>  xmlns:xsp="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core">
> <page title="Tidificando">
> <x>
>  <util:include-file name="kk2.html"/>
> </x>
> </page>
> </xsp:page>
> ---
> Everything seems to be in place, but Cocoon (1.8 + Jakarta-Tomcat 3.1 in
> W2K) bails out with this error:
> --
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity "nbsp" was referenced, but not
> declared.
> at

org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java:105)
> ---
> Obviously, the kk2.html file includes entities such as &nbsp; &iacute; and
> so on and so forth, but, theoretically, they should have been taken from
the
> xhtml declaration, right?
>
> If I try to include the file using XSLT document() function, I still have
> the same problem. I know that whatever is included must be well-formed
XML,
> but why is not taking the DTD from the father document?

Because the DTD must also be declared in the included file. Now the question
is: why is it so incredibly slow?