Posted to user@struts.apache.org by james logsdon <jp...@hotmail.com> on 2003/12/09 03:59:42 UTC

Subject: RE: best practice for sorting columns needed

FYI
You may want to try the Table View Components v1.4 at
http://www.thewebtier.com/sandwich/sandwichSelectionFast.jsp
The site has a demo application that you use to test client-side sort or
paging performance.
On my 1gz celeron the demo application for v1.4 sorts 1000 rows with 8
columns in 2 seconds.

Sorting operations for 2000 rows is only 3 seconds. Besides sorting tables,
you may also page and filter data on the client-side. The columns may be
checkbox, edit, text, date, or hyperlinks. It works
with Struts by rebuilding value-objects that correspond to the table rows
that have changed.

James Logsdon
Brijware