Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 13:34:12 UTC

[JCR Controller] Standalone

On 6/4/07, Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com> wrote:

> >>How can I run it locally? (without jnlp/web connection)
>

> >There will be a "normal" downloadable version.... but after a version
> >settles down.
> >The big advantage with the current webstart version is that updates are
> >automatically handled.
>
> Hi.
>
> I add to set up a non-jnlp version, because I use mySql for persistence. I
> had to include the mySql connector driver, but even signed, Java Web Start
> still complains about this jar, and so refuses to launch the app.
>
> Now I launch using this command line, if someone needs it, here it is :
>
> java -classpath .;dev_jcrexplorer.jar;derby.jar;concurrent-1.3.4.jar
> ;commons-collections-3.2.jar;jackrabbit-api-1.3.jar;jackrabbit-
> core-1.3.jar;jackrabbit-jcr-commons-1.3.jar;jackrabbit-
> text-extractors-1.3.jar;jdots.jar;jsr_170.jar;kde_icons.jar;log4j-
> 1.2.14.jar;lucene-core-2.0.0.jar;mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar;slf4j-
> log4j12-1.4.0.jar;slf4j-api-1.4.0.jar;swing-layout-1.0.jar startExplorer

On my website: http://www.xs4all.nl/~weertj/jcr I have also published a
standalone version of the JCR Controller.

Let me know if it's works..... or not :-)

Greetings,

   Jacco

Re: [JCR Controller] Standalone

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
Could try the new v0.63 version?.... I saw in the GUI designer a
"disconnected" panel, so perhaps that was the problem.
Otherwise of the problem still exists, could you send me a screenshot?

Jacco

--
-------------------------------------

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
Hello Paco,

--
-------------------------------------

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/07, Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com> wrote:

> - second, the double click on a reference property opens the corresponding
> property under the same node, and what I was saying is that it should open
> the referenced node.
>
> For example, I have a contract, referencing to contractor nodes. With the
> current version of JCRController :
> - I click on my contract, the table on the right shows me the properties;
> - in the table, if I (double) click on one of the contractor references
> (uuid), the property tree node is selected and opened, but I stay in my
> contract, I do not navigate to the contractor.
>
> What I'd like :
> - I click on my contract, it displays the properties in the table;
> - I double click on a contractor reference in the table (or in the tree),
> and it actually navigates to the referenced node. I'm not in the contract
> node anymore, but it opened and selected the contractor node referenced by
> the contract property I double clicked.
>
> Am I clear enough?

Hopefully the new version 0.63 navigates a little bit in that direction.
Multivalues are available in the table view.... double click should work
also for the References.

..... h.o.p.e.f.u.l.l.y....

Jacco

RE: [JCR Controller] Standalone

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Hi Jaco,

Your idea about the table showing more informations about nodes/properties in the future is good imo. But I tried again this morning :
- double clicking a table row holding a reference does not select and open the referenced content node, but selects and open the property node in the tree : the child property of the node to which this reference property belongs;
- double clicking a reference property tree node under a node in the tree does nothing, except displaying the properties informations in the right hand side.

And btw, two of us in my company had an out of memory error using the last version (0.61). It seems the previous one was working. I use it with approx. 15 000 contents (500 contacts, 500 contractors linked to contacts, and 500 contracts linked to contractors)

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.

Re: [JCR Controller] Out of memory

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
On 6/6/07, Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com> wrote:

> Hi Jacco,
>
> It seems you have a regression in your app. Now we have an OutOfMemory
> error we didn't have with previous version (I'm using 0.61 as I said this
> morning). With a total of 10 000 contents, (3x 3300), clicking on one of the
> three categories root node (ie. the contracts node, containing the contract
> nodes), we get the OOM error.
>
> My boss had the same with 1 000 contents only (divided also in three).

I experience the same problem with large amount of nodes. The difference
between 0.6 and 0.6x is that the Node retrieval and reporting to the
TreeModel is done in threads (v0.6)  and was moved to one thread (v0.6x),
this because of the "gaps" in the tree..... but it seems that a new bug was
introduced instead.... :-(
I just hating the Swing TreeModel :-)

This evening I will try to solve the problem.

Jacco

--
-------------------------------------

RE: [JCR Controller] Performance

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Ok I have to apologize. The performance seems fine.
In fact my app (web application) performs a search on //lgw:contract in 49 seconds (there is 3 000 contract nodes to find and display). JCR Controller does the same search in 47 seconds. ;)
Shame on me, congratulations to you !

RE: [JCR Controller] Out of memory - SOLVED

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Congratulations ;)

It works, no out of memory error, and without the -Xmx512m, good work !

Two comments now :
1. As i told you, i work on a three node types test model : contracts -> contractors -> contacts. What's strange is when I open a contract and double click on one contractor refence in the table, it opens an select the corresponding node in the tree. But when I double click, in the newly opened contractor, on a contact reference in the table, it selects the contact property of the contractor node, it does not open the corresponding contact node. Any idea why?
2. You should still have a look at the performance problem. Opening 3000 contracts node (just selecting the contracts root and display the nodes) works but slowly. And the list of   "INFO - resizeAll size=6"  displayed during the processing of the node opening makes me wonder why it does this same operation so many times...

But well, the OOM problem is solved now, once again congratulations, and if you wish, I can have a look at the performance problem when you release the source code.

Keep up the good work!

Oh and by the way, the import feature seems fine, with all options one could hope for. Nice job there too. May be you could think of giving the choice between document view or system view. I did it for my app and honestly the work to add the second option when the first one is done is ...say....5 minutes work, for both import and export.

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Sorry to bring bad news, but v0.63 doesn't solve the problem.

I tried also with a -Xmx512m argument, the out of memory comes also, but I had to let it work loner (say 1 or 2 minutes before the error). This makes me think (sorry), that it's even worse, because v0.62 was successfully displaying one category of nodes (clicking on another one raised the OOM error) when I was using the -Xmx512m option.

I don't know how you load your nodes, lazy or eager, but it seems strange that it takes so long to retrieve the list of nodes for my contracts. Basically it's just one containing nodes, with 3300 nodes under it.

- lgw:contracts
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract
|- lgw:contract

May be you should turn back to the v0.60 (well before the 0.61) version, then try to think again what created that error. And think also about the node loading strategy. I'll run tests on reading lots of nodes from my app, and let you know about my results.

---------------------

Normal launch (not using -Xmx512m), 9900 contents (3x 3300) :

E:\Tools\JCRController>go
INFO - Starting repository...
WARN - Existing lock file at E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.ser
ver.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\.lock detected. Repository was
not shut down properly.
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\repository
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\version
INFO - initializing workspace 'default'...
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\defaul
INFO - workspace 'default' initialized
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\repository\index
INFO - Index initialized: E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server
.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository/repository/index
INFO - LocalFileSystem initialized at path E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.e
clipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\defaul
t\index
INFO - Index initialized: E:\Workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server
.core\tmp0\webapps\testapp\WEB-INF\repository\workspaces\default/index
INFO - Repository started
INFO - Transient repository initialized
INFO - Session opened
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:272)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Thread.run(JD_Thread.java:58)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:309)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.childNodeIsAdded(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:470)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode$TreeNodeThread.run(JCRE_DefaultTr
eeNode.java:59)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.startNodeThread(JCRE_DefaultTreeN
ode.java:215)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.grabTreeChildren(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:285)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.getChildCount(JCRE_DefaultTreeNod
e.java:329)
        at javax.swing.tree.DefaultTreeModel.getChildCount(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.ensurePathIsExpanded(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setExpandedState(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.updateExpandedDescendants(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.treeExpanded(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at javax.swing.JTree.fireTreeExpanded(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.setExpandedState(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.expandPath(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.toggleExpandState(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.handleExpandControlClick(Unknown S
ource)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.checkForClickInExpandControl(Unkno
wn Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.handleSelection(Unknown So
urce)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressedDND(Unknown So
urce)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
Terminer le programme de commandes (O/N) ? o

Frédéric Esnault - Ingénieur R&D
Legisway
60 boulevard de la mission Marchand
92400 Courbevoie La Défense

> It seems you have a regression in your app. Now we have an OutOfMemory
> error we didn't have with previous version (I'm using 0.61 as I said this
> morning). With a total of 10 000 contents, (3x 3300), clicking on one of the
> three categories root node (ie. the contracts node, containing the contract
> nodes), we get the OOM error.
>
> My boss had the same with 1 000 contents only (divided also in three).

Hello Frédéric,

I have tuned the memory consumption. The problem lies in the node creation
labels (layout issues). Let me know if there is still a memory boundary.

The new version v0.63 is online

Jacco

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com>.
Hi Jacco,

It seems you have a regression in your app. Now we have an OutOfMemory error we didn't have with previous version (I'm using 0.61 as I said this morning). With a total of 10 000 contents, (3x 3300), clicking on one of the three categories root node (ie. the contracts node, containing the contract nodes), we get the OOM error.

My boss had the same with 1 000 contents only (divided also in three).

Here is the stack trace :
INFO - Repository started
INFO - Transient repository initialized
INFO - Session opened
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
INFO - resizeAll size=6
Exception in thread "Timer-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.HashMap.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.checkIndexingQueue
(MultiIndex.java:1054)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex.access$000(MultiIn
dex.java:75)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.MultiIndex$1.run(MultiIndex.j
ava:322)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:272)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_reportError(JD_Object.java:374)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_reportError(JD_Object.java:360)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Thread.run(JD_Thread.java:61)
        at nl.msd.jdots.JD_Object.JD_doMethod(JD_Object.java:309)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.childNodeIsAdded(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:553)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode$TreeNodeThread.run(JCRE_DefaultTr
eeNode.java:87)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.startNodeThread(JCRE_DefaultTreeN
ode.java:272)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.grabTreeChildren(JCRE_DefaultTree
Node.java:361)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_DefaultTreeNode.getChildCount(JCRE_DefaultTreeNod
e.java:401)
[...]
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.toString(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLStreamHandler.toExternalForm(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.toExternalForm(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_GUIJCRTreeNode.getStdIcon(JCRE_GUIJCRTreeNode.jav
a:25)
        at nl.msd.jcr.gui.JCRE_GUITreeNode.getComponent(JCRE_GUITreeNode.java:63
)

Posted by Jacco van Weert <11...@gmail.com>.
On 6/5/07, Frédéric Esnault <fe...@legisway.com> wrote:

> About the batch startup script :
> Basically this is the same of the one I gave here, except it does not work
> for me (well launches the controller, but cannot connect) because the mySql
> jar is not included.

You have added the mysql-connecter-jdbc.jar and other supporting jars to the
classpath?
Normally it should work with the JCR Controller "config" field pointing to
the right config.xml file.

Jacco

RE: [JCR Controller] Standalone