Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Harinath Mallepally <Ha...@infosys.com> on 2006/05/25 05:32:58 UTC

regarding hidden fields

Hi,

How can we enforce that hidden fields are used with http requests
automatically?  That is, when I browse a web page and submit a form,
there will be some hidden fields specific to that user, which are been
passed between the webserver and the browser.

When I want to record a transaction and then repeat it for other users,
I want to ensure that the hidden fields are used specific to that user
logged in. right now I see the same hidden field values of recorded
transaction are been used for all users leaving the system in
inconsistent stage.

Any help will be great in this regard

Thanks

Harinath

Re: regarding hidden fields

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/05/06, Harinath Mallepally <Ha...@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> How can we enforce that hidden fields are used with http requests
> automatically?  That is, when I browse a web page and submit a form,
> there will be some hidden fields specific to that user, which are been
> passed between the webserver and the browser.

JMeter is not a browser; it does not understand any page processing
such as javascript.

If any fields are to be passed back, then these will have to be
handled by extracting the appropriate values and passing them back as
parameters  with the appropriate name and value.

You can do this with the Regex Post Processor.

> When I want to record a transaction and then repeat it for other users,
> I want to ensure that the hidden fields are used specific to that user
> logged in. right now I see the same hidden field values of recorded
> transaction are been used for all users leaving the system in
> inconsistent stage.

See above.