Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2017/11/01 18:06:43 UTC

RE: Incorrect encoding detected

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-----Original message-----

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
I hadn't the time to dig into the problem.
Neither how to pass a tika-config file nor why
actually parse-html is detecting the encoding
although it's also only looking for the first 8192
characters (see CHUNK_SIZE).

Just one point: for the MIME detection we also
pass the Content-Type sent by the web server to Tika.
Could this also be help to pass it as additional glue?
In the concrete example the server sends

Sebastian