Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2014/10/16 18:00:09 UTC

Versioning conflict with 2.7.7 on WebLogic 12c

I'm trying to take another look at an application I haven't worked with in a while.  I'm using CXF 2.7.7 with Spring 3.2.8, and deploying it to WebLogic 12.1.2.0.0.  I'm using the Jettison provider.

The service can return either XML or JSON.  It appears to work fine with XML, but when I ask for a JSON response, I get the following exception:
----------------------
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.ws.rs.ServerErrorException.validate(Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response;Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response$Status$Family;)Ljavax/ws/rs/core/Response;

	at javax.ws.rs.ServerErrorException.<init>(ServerErrorException.java:101)

	at javax.ws.rs.InternalServerErrorException.<init>(InternalServerErrorException.java:80)
----------------------

The following discussion appears to be relevant, but I'm not sure how to move forward: http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/JAX-RS-NoSuchMethodError-with-2-7-5-on-WebLogic-Server-td5730032.html .

Following this is a list of jars in my resulting WEB-INF/lib.  I have a feeling this should provide some clues.  Is it possible I can solve this by backing off to older versions of either CXF or Spring?

activation-1.1.1.jar
aopalliance-1.0.jar
asm-3.3.1.jar
aspectjweaver-1.6.12.jar
cglib-2.2.2.jar
commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar
commons-io-1.4.jar
commons-lang3-3.1.jar
commons-logging-1.1.3.jar
commons-pool-1.3.jar
concurrent-1.3.4.jar
cxf-api-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-bindings-xml-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-core-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-databinding-jaxb-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-rs-extension-providers-2.7.7.jar
cxf-rt-transports-http-2.7.7.jar
derby-10.5.3.0_1.jar
geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7.1.jar
GLCookieDecryption-1.0.0.jar
jackrabbit-api-2.4.0.jar
jackrabbit-core-2.4.0.jar
jackrabbit-jcr-commons-2.4.0.jar
jackrabbit-spi-2.4.0.jar
jackrabbit-spi-commons-2.4.0.jar
javax.ws.rs-api-2.0-m10.jar
jaxb-impl-2.2.6.jar
jaxb-xjc-2.2.6.jar
JAXBXMLElementWrapperPlugin-1.0.0.jar
jcl-over-slf4j-1.6.4.jar
jettison-1.3.4.jar
joda-time-2.3.jar
jsr173_api-1.0.jar
log4j-1.2.16.jar
lucene-core-3.0.3.jar
perf4j-0.9.14.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar
spring-aop-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-beans-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-context-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-core-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-expression-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-jdbc-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-tx-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-web-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-webmvc-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
spring-webmvc-portlet-3.2.8.RELEASE.jar
stax2-api-3.1.1.jar
stax-api-1.0.1.jar
tika-core-1.0.jar
woodstox-core-asl-4.2.0.jar
wsdl4j-1.6.3.jar
xmlschema-core-2.0.3.jar

RE: Versioning conflict with 2.7.7 on WebLogic 12c

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

Ok.  I just had to remember how to override container-provided packages in WebLogic.  I had to override "javax.ws.rs.*" and "org.codehaus.jettison.*".

I think I have it working now.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi David

It is a mix of jsr311 and jsr339 API. Specifically you have
WebApplicationException from jsr311 API linked in, it has a static
validate method in jsr339 but not in 311

Sergey