Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Anjali Subburaj <AS...@ALTIO.com> on 2002/05/17 12:22:46 UTC

Namespace extension problem

I am using Xalan 2.3.1 along with Xerces1.4 for transforming an XML document
into another XML document. I am using Java code for some of the processing.
The classes are included using the namespace declaration

                version="1.0"
                xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
                xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
                xmlns:mycompanytools="com.mycompany.tools.migrator"
                extension-element-prefixes="redirect">

One of the templates in the stylesheet adds a new element node to the
resulting document using <xsl:element>. The above namespace declaration gets
inserted into the node.

How can I prevent the namespace from getting appended to the node?

Thanks,