Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/14 10:34:26 UTC

NullPointerException: Null type argument!

Hi all!

I'm a newbie of Apache Ode.
I have a service working correctly on ActiveBpel and I try to make it work
on Apache Ode.

When I put the folder of my service in the folder "processes" of Ode, I have
this error:

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Deployment of CallOnArrival failed,
aborting for now.
java.lang.NullPointerException: Null type argument!
	at
org.apache.ode.utils.xsd.SchemaModelImpl.isSimpleType(SchemaModelImpl.java:156)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelCompiler.compile(BpelCompiler.java:933)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelCompiler.compile(BpelCompiler.java:690)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelC.compile(BpelC.java:260)
	at org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.BpelC.compile(BpelC.java:330)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.DeploymentUnitDir.compile(DeploymentUnitDir.java:162)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.DeploymentUnitDir.compile(DeploymentUnitDir.java:126)
	at org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.deploy(ProcessStoreImpl.java:165)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.check(DeploymentPoller.java:144)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.access$300(DeploymentPoller.java:55)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller$PollingThread.run(DeploymentPoller.java:188)

This should be an error of .xsd files (I have three .xsd files in the same
folder of the service).
How can I see where the deployment stops?

Thanks for every information =)

Cheers
Max

-----
http://www.pcguide.netsons.org http://www.pcguide.netsons.org

Re: NullPointerException: Null type argument!

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.

Matthieu Riou-5 wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Massimiliano Giraldo
> <ma...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>   <prop:property name="dummyProp" type="xsd:string"/>

As you wrote, the problem was in one of my wsdl files.
I had a property with type="null:string".

Thanks Matthieu!

Max

-----

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
wrote:

> I saw that this exception was threw by the method called
> "isSimpleType(QName
> type)", that finds type == null.
>
> About what you wrote, I look in my .xsd files and I have both simpleType
> and
> complexType elements.
> Therefore the problem should be only in the definition of simpleType, isn't
> it?
> Or even complexType element may generate this exception?

The problem is most probably in your WSDL, where you declare your BPEL
properties with their aliases. A BPEL property relies on a type like this:

  <prop:property name="dummyProp" type="xsd:string"/>

That's what you have in the type attribute that's probably a problem.

Matthieu

Posted by Massimiliano Giraldo <ma...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.