Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Fraser Adams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/01/26 17:59:45 UTC

Is there a JMS API way to get the amqp Content-Type

Hello all,
I could have *sworn* I'd seen some postings some time back relating to
getting and setting the Content-Type.

Now I can get the type by down casting Message to the Qpid
AbstractJMSMessage e.g.

String contentType =
(org.apache.qpid.client.message.AbstractJMSMessage)message).getContentType();

But that's less than ideal as it uses Qpid classes not JMS Interfaces,
though it's definitely the only way to do it for older Qpid versions.

I've tried :

message.getJMSType();
and
message.getStringProperty("x-amqp.content-type");

But these are both returning me null. The latest Programming in Apache
Qpid says:

JMSType => mp.content_type

but as I say if I do System.out.println("type = " + m.getJMSType()); I
get null

Have I missed something? I really thought I'd read something on this a
bit back. Are there different "Content-Type" i.e. a user one and a
transport one? Is there a way to get hold of "amqp/list" without the
evil cast above?

You may sense a bit of a theme with amqp/list :-D

Cheers,
Frase

Re: Is there a JMS API way to get the amqp Content-Type

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
I was trying to do something about it but dropped the ball for reasons
I can't seem to remember.
I looked the code and we don't expose it.

I believe there is a JIRA for this.

Rajith