Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ran Tao <ch...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/07 03:59:16 UTC

[DISCUSS ] HybridSouce Table & Sql api timeline

HybridSource is a good feature, but now release version did not support
table & sql api, i wonder which time it will be ready to end-users.

And i have implemented a inner version of my company and it works well now.
the implementation of table & sql api may involve some core questions, e.g.
bounded & unbounded source start and end offset. child sources's schema is
different from hybrid source ddl schema (batch or streaming is more fields
or lack of some fields) we need process inconsistent filed problem or
default filed value problem (in some child source lack of some fields) etc.
so here we may need a field mapping.

i have some ideas and implementations, if table & sql api work in progress
i'm glad to share or take part in developing.

thanks~

Re: [DISCUSS ] HybridSouce Table & Sql api timeline

Posted by Ran Tao <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Thomas.
I noticed this issue and asked Jiang for details.
If he doesn't finish this work yet, I will draft the initial FLIP,
otherwise we can wait for Jiang's implementation.

Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> 于2022年5月11日周三 02:29写道:

--
Best,
Ran Tao

Re: [DISCUSS ] HybridSouce Table & Sql api timeline

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ran Tao <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ran,

Posted by Martijn Visser <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I would welcome any contribution that gets the HybridSource to become
available for Table API and SQL use cases. I don't think there's anyone
working on this right now.

I do think it requires a FLIP so that we can think how such a connector
could be made available. Do you want to work on that Ran?

Best regards,

Martijn Visser
https://twitter.com/MartijnVisser82
https://github.com/MartijnVisser