Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ruiwp13 <rp...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/06 11:45:51 UTC

ActiveMQ REST message listener

Hello,

I want to get messages from a topic through a get method. The problem is
that I want to get those messages once they are sent to the topic meaning
that I have to be constantly polling the method in order to get the
messages. Is there any other way to have a message listener? I don't want to
use the tcp connection as it will be closed. The REST API is the only thing
that will be available to users.

Best Regards

Rui Neves

Re: ActiveMQ REST message listener

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I'd also be curious to hear more about "I don't want to use the tcp
connection as it will be closed," since that seems to be driving your
requirements but doesn't make sense to me as stated.

Tim

On Oct 7, 2016 3:40 AM, "Martyn Taylor" <mt...@redhat.com> wrote:

The REST over HTTP pattern is request/response you send a GET request and
you "get" a response.  By it's very nature is going to require polling.
I'm not sure what your requirements are, but if you are trying to do this
stuff in a browser, then using Websockets as John suggested could get you
what you need.  Apache Artemis also supports MQTT and AMQP protocols over
Websockets.

Can you elaborate a little on what it is you're attempting to do?

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi,