Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 21:19:35 UTC

OSGi compliance tests

  Hi

I have access to the OSGi compliance tests and I've written up some
draft documentation on how to get access to them and run them here:
http://incubator.apache.org/aries/compliancetesting.html. This
documentation is really a list of 'what worked for me', there may be
better ways to do some of it - if so please feel free to correct it.

My understanding is that we can share the results of the tests but not
the tests themselves. I'd like to run the relevant sections of the tests
on the 0.2-incubating release (when we have a final cut of it) and make
the results available on our web site. Does this seem reasonable?

Zoë

Re: OSGi compliance tests

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Aug 26, 2010, at 3:19 PM, zoe slattery wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have access to the OSGi compliance tests and I've written up some draft documentation on how to get access to them and run them here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/aries/compliancetesting.html. This documentation is really a list of 'what worked for me', there may be better ways to do some of it - if so please feel free to correct it.
>
> My understanding is that we can share the results of the tests but not the tests themselves. I'd like to run the relevant sections of the tests on the 0.2-incubating release (when we have a final cut of it) and make the results available on our web site. Does this seem reasonable?

Great. Thanks Zoe!

Yes. Your understanding is correct. We are free to openly discuss test details (problems, results, etc). However, we cannot redistribute the osgi alliance tests/test framework.

--kevan

Re: OSGi compliance tests

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/26/10 3:19 PM, zoe slattery wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have access to the OSGi compliance tests and I've written up some
> draft documentation on how to get access to them and run them here:
> http://incubator.apache.org/aries/compliancetesting.html. This
> documentation is really a list of 'what worked for me', there may be
> better ways to do some of it - if so please feel free to correct it.

Cool - thanks!  I've been intending to give this a try and I'm sure your
notes will help.

> My understanding is that we can share the results of the tests but not
> the tests themselves. I'd like to run the relevant sections of the tests
> on the 0.2-incubating release (when we have a final cut of it) and make
> the results available on our web site. Does this seem reasonable?

This is my understanding as well.  I think it would be good to post the
results.

--
Joe

Re: OSGi compliance tests