Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Pa...@anicasystem.com.pl on 2008/06/11 14:51:19 UTC

[Tomahawk] What happened to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT ?

Hi,
I would like to ask Tomahawk's developers about your last activity. I've
noticed that something happend to 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT very recently, maybe even
today, because yesterday everything was running fine.
I mean - now, when I create a project by using maven archetype: mvn
archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org and change
default 1.1.6 version to 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT,
I got following errors:

HTTP ERROR: 500
org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUpload
RequestURI=/myapp/helloWorld.jsf
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/fileupload/FileUpload
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:199)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:828)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
        at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
        at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Even when I provide commons-fileupload library, I got another error:

HTTP ERROR: 500
Could not initialize class
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig
RequestURI=/myapp/helloWorld.jsf
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig
        at
org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.AddResourceFactory.getInstance(AddResourceFactory.java:288)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:208)
[...]

I've noticed, that another artifact "tomahawk12" has arisen, and I would
like to know if it's connected with the case. When I switched to artifact
"tomahawk12",
the demo app has run smoothly.

Please answer, how should I configure my application if I want to run on
JSF 1.2 and tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT version. By the way - do you know,
when approximately you are going to release the 1.1.7 version?

Thanks in advance!

--
Greetings
Paweł Czerwiński

Re: [Tomahawk] What happened to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT ?

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Leonardo Uribe schrieb:
> We are very close to a release, but first we need to do some bug fixes
> and upgrade some component from sandbox to tomahawk
The very latest Myfaces1.2.4-SNAPSHOT + Tomahawk 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT (build
around 9am GMT from SVN trunk) is working for me. I've been running our
big webapp on that combination in my dev environment today, and haven't
seen any problems yet [1].

People (including Leonardo, Hazem and myself) are working on getting a
new Tomahawk release out, it is definitely overdue. It is hard to guess
exactly when it will be available, but I would personally guess sometime
around 8 weeks from now. A lot of work is being done, but there is also
a lot to do! If you can test release candidates when they are published,
that will help get the final release out quicker (hint, hint).

[1] Leonardo, those unit test failures I encountered yesterday appear to
be something wrong on my home dev box; everything is ok on my work machine.

Regards,
Simon

Re: [Tomahawk] What happened to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT ?

Posted by Christina Sickelco <cs...@gmail.com>.
Which components are planned for upgrade from sandbox to tomahawk? I'm
particularly interested in the inputSuggest components - any plans to move
that into tomahawk?

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: AW: [Tomahawk] What happened to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT ?

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Simon.

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Glase, Stefan schrieb:

> since those changes my applications compiles with the following errors:
>

> [WARNING] POM for
'org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to
validate POM for project org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk at
Artifact [org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile]

> [WARNING] POM for
'org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile'
is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed
to validate POM for project org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox
at Artifact
[org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile]

> After that dependencies for tomahawk will not be resolved and result
in missing commons-fileupload and commons-lang, so I have to add them
manually to my dependencies.

> Any suggestions what to do or ideas what is wrong since the last
changes with tomahawk?

The problem is that a dependency on "jsf-facelets" was added recently,
so that facelets taglibs can be supported.

The parent tomahawk pom defines the version of facelets used, but the
"core" pom omits the version in its dependency declaration. All would
normally be well, as the child pom will inherit the version set in the
parent pom. But the parent pom has not yet been deployed to the snapshot
repo. So the child pom now has a dependency on facelets, but no version
is specified.

Of course it all works fine for people who have built tomahawk locally,
as their local repo has the latest parent pom. It's only having an old
parent pom plus a new child pom that is the problem.

Leonardo, can you please either add a version number to the child pom
for the facelets dependency, or push the tomahawk parent pom to the
snapshot repo?

Regards, Simon

AW: [Tomahawk] What happened to tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT ?

Posted by "Glase, Stefan" <St...@opitz-consulting.de>.
Hello Group,

since those changes my applications compiles with the following errors:

[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM for project org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk at Artifact [org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile]
[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM for project org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox at Artifact [org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox:pom:1.1.7-SNAPSHOT:compile]

After that dependencies for tomahawk will not be resolved and result in missing commons-fileupload and commons-lang, so I have to add them manually to my dependencies.

Any suggestions what to do or ideas what is wrong since the last changes with tomahawk?

Regards
Stefan

I have also checked if shared_tomahawk classes in the jar available on people.apache.org<http://people.apache.org> was missing but everything is right

[...]

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.myfaces.shared_tomahawk.config.MyfacesConfig

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi