Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 11:05:04 UTC

Programming Environment

Hello Everyone,

Back then, just a little help...

What is the environment you use to develop WSRF applications within Muse?
It's not a poll, it's just that i was used working with Eclipse to develop
Java Apps, but now i couldn't find any plugin or good IDE to work with all
this WSDL, XML, SOA ...

I tried Eclipse WTP, didn't like it, and now i am checking NetBeans, but
maybe you already made this choice and could help. Or do you all use text
editors only?

My goal is to develop a WSRF-compliant service with backend in Java - the
usual :) .

Best regards,
Nelson P Kotowski Filho.

RE: Programming Environment

Posted by Ch...@swisscom.com.
Thats really great news Balan, I had found the europa build before (with
the property change handling) and after alot of fighting with stuff got
it working.  The previous 3.2 releases were seamless, but for demoing I
found the property update to be a great feature.

I'm really looking forward to see the next versions, I don't use the
produced projects (I have my own muse environment) but the editors are a
godsend.  I had to manually edit stuff for PullPoints and some other
things but other than that mostly a copy and paste job (then run
wsdl2java to redo with 2.2 :-).

Can't recommend this more for easy tweaking of WSDM stuff.  My only real
complaint, which so far is easy to work around, has been the metrics
handling, everything else was super easy.

________________________________

Posted by Balan Subramanian <bs...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Chris,
[...]

             <Chris.Twiner@swi
             sscom.com>
             11/29/2007 07:26          <mu...@ws.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Programming Environment
             muse-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Posted by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com>.
Hello Balan,

Great, i appreciate your help too.

I am going to check out those new possibilities, i believe it will help me a
lot!

Best regards,
Nelson P Kotowski Filho.

Posted by Balan Subramanian <bs...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Nelson,
>From my other post on the same topic:

the earlier builds in TPTP should work fine. They are not directly
accessible from the downloads page. But please take a look at the link
below - it has the instructions and the links to the actual downloads you
need to set up the Eclipse tooling for Muse.

http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/monitoring/documents/tutorials/tptp_wsdm_setup_4.4.html

We also have a more descriptive article on how to setup the tooling on this
site but it is slightly outdated.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/ac-dw-ac-wsdmeclipse-i.html
Ignore the "Setting up the development environment" section but you can
pretty much follow the rest.

Hope this helps,
Balan

Balan Subramanian
Autonomic Computing, IBM, RTP, NC
919.543.0197 | bsubram@us.ibm.com

             "Nelson Kotowski"
             <nkotowski@gmail.
                                       muse-user@ws.apache.org
             11/29/2007 07:45                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

Posted by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris,

Posted by Nelson Kotowski <nk...@gmail.com>.
Lenni,

> Ohh and I edit my WSDLs by hand in the Eclipse text editor mode of the
> WSDL editor. Not exactly the most efficient way, but I found XMLspy
> license too costly for adding a graphical WSDL editor (only available in
> the Enterprise license, not the professional one).

That's one scary issue... text editing WSDL files.

But it is good to hear how do you face your difficulties, because so far,
i've been having a hard time trying to figure out how does someone that's
not used to Muse start developing a WSRF-compliant service from scratch (and
a simple idea). I mean, the documentation helps, but i lack some better
examples, such as a "Hello World" in a WSRF point of view :)

Best regards,
Nelson P Kotowski Filho.

Posted by le...@bt.com.