Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Russell Smyth <rs...@computer-guidance.com> on 2002/12/13 20:25:31 UTC

RE: Question about jdbc-connection-descriptor's for class-descrip tor

I hate to differ, but repository.html does not document
that you can only have one jdbc-connection-descriptor per repository,
in fact quite the opposite.

<from repository.html>
jdbc-connection-descriptor
The jdbc-connection-descriptor element specifies the default jdbc connection
for
the repository. All class-descriptor elements that do not specify their
own jdbc-connection-descriptor will use the default jdbc connection.
</>

inferring that there is a jdbc-connection-descriptor that can be specified
on
class-descriptor elements.

This is of course incorrect, and I would suggest this is what leads people
(including me in the past) to ask this very question.

Thanks
Russell

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@apache.org>.
Hi again,

Russell Smyth wrote:
> I hate to differ, but repository.html does not document
> that you can only have one jdbc-connection-descriptor per repository,
> in fact quite the opposite.
>
> <from repository.html>
> jdbc-connection-descriptor
> The jdbc-connection-descriptor element specifies the default jdbc connection
> for
> the repository. All class-descriptor elements that do not specify their
> own jdbc-connection-descriptor will use the default jdbc connection.
> </>
>
> inferring that there is a jdbc-connection-descriptor that can be specified
> on
> class-descriptor elements.
>
> This is of course incorrect, and I would suggest this is what leads people
> (including me in the past) to ask this very question.

Oops, you are right. This is of course a documentation *bug*!

sorry!
Thomas