Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Nishant <kn...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/04 15:49:48 UTC

Interested to Contribute in Hadoop Development

Hi Team,
I am new to Apache community and I would love to contribute effort in
Hadoop development. Can anyone mentor & guide me how to proceed and start
contributing? I am beginner here so I am not sure what process is be
followed.

Thanks
Nishant

Re: Interested to Contribute in Hadoop Development

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Kumar!

You can start with this wiki https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute.

Work on a few simple JIRAs in https://issues.apache.org/
jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS)%20AND%
20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%
20%3D%20newbie%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC.

If you have any project ideas, feel free to start a discussion.

Thanks,
John

--
John