Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by William <yh...@163.com> on 2016/05/04 03:49:02 UTC

A detail in LimitNodeCompiler

Hi all,
   I have a very small question. In LimitNodeCompiler.LimitParseNodeVisitor#visit(BindParseNode),
For BindParseNode, it creates a LiteralParseNode and visit it again. Why?  Why not handle it directly?
 I don't realy understand what the comments said:
// Resolve the bind value, create a LiteralParseNode, and call the visit method for it.
// In this way, we can deal with just having a literal on one side of the expression.

what dose it mean by 'having a literal on one side of the expression' ? A limit clause only accepts int literal or bind values.
We cannot use expressions here.  So, is there anyone who knows this?