Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Chris Helck <Ch...@ebs.com> on 2014/04/29 18:23:40 UTC

New to Kafka: ZooKeeper and Client

I have a few newbie questions. I need to create a Producer that sends messages to Kafka brokers.

Does a machine running a Kafka client (Producer) need its own instance of ZooKeeper running? Or does is simply connect to the ZooKeeper that is running remotely with the Kafka brokers?

This communication and all information contained in or attached to it (including, but not limited to market prices/levels and market commentary) (the “Information”) is for informational purposes only, is confidential, may be legally privileged and is the intellectual property of one of the companies of ICAP plc group (“ICAP”) or third parties. The Information is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, bid, recommendation or solicitation in relation to any financial instrument or investment or to participate in any particular trading strategy. The Information is not to be relied upon and is not warranted, including, but not limited, as to completeness, timeliness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice. All representations and warranties are expressly disclaimed. Access to the Information by anyone other than the intended recipient is unauthorised and any disclosure, copying or redistribution is prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete all copies of it and notify the sender. For further information, please see ebs.com.

Re: New to Kafka: ZooKeeper and Client

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Kafka producer doesn't require zookeeper anymore, so you can simply
connect to one of the brokers directly.

Tim