Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sigalit Eliazov <e....@gmail.com> on 2022/06/13 12:17:06 UTC

exception while activating calculateThroughp

Hi all

We are using the flink k8s operator latest version with flink 1.14 in order
to deploy our pipelines in application mode (one job per cluster, one job
manager + one task manager)

Once in a few minutes I receive the following error in the job manager and
all the tasks are being restarted.

I understand that the throughput is calculator using data size and time
interval

there are cases where this time interval is negative and i am not able to
understand what can cause it or can i affect on it in any configuration

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Time should be non negative

at
org.apache.flink.util.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:138)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.runtime.throughput.ThroughputEMA.calculateThroughput(ThroughputEMA.java:44)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.runtime.throughput.ThroughputCalculator.calculateThroughput(ThroughputCalculator.java:80)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.debloat(StreamTask.java:792)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.lambda$null$4(StreamTask.java:784)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTaskActionExecutor$1.runThrowing(StreamTaskActionExecutor.java:50)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.mailbox.Mail.run(Mail.java:90)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.mailbox.MailboxProcessor.processMailsWhenDefaultActionUnavailable(MailboxProcessor.java:338)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.mailbox.MailboxProcessor.processMail(MailboxProcessor.java:324)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.mailbox.MailboxProcessor.runMailboxLoop(MailboxProcessor.java:201)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.runMailboxLoop(StreamTask.java:809)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:761)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.runWithSystemExitMonitoring(Task.java:958)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at
org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.restoreAndInvoke(Task.java:937)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.doRun(Task.java:766)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:575)
~[flink-dist_2.12-1.14.4.jar:1.14.4]

and idea/comments are welcome

Thanks

Sigalit

Re: exception while activating calculateThroughp

Posted by Lijie Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi sigalit,
It's a known bug that has been fixed in Flink 1.15.0. See [1] and [2] for
details.

Best,
Lijie

Sigalit Eliazov <e....@gmail.com> 于2022年6月13日周一 20:17写道: