Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> on 2011/01/18 07:25:07 UTC

explicit field type descriptions

Is there any tabular data anywhere on ALL field types and ALL options?

For example, I've looked everywhere in the last hour, and I don't see anywhere
on Solr site, google, or in the 1.4 manual where it says whether a copyField
'directive' can be made ' required="true" '.

 Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
----------------
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better
idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself.
from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.

Re: explicit field type descriptions

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Dennis Gearon <ge...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Is there any tabular data anywhere on ALL field types and ALL options?

There is this: http://search.lucidimagination.com/search/document/CDRG_ch04_4.4.2
Not sure if it meets your needs.

> For example, I've looked everywhere in the last hour, and I don't see anywhere
> on Solr site, google, or in the 1.4 manual where it says whether a copyField
> 'directive' can be made ' required="true" '.
[...]

Sorry, I am having trouble understanding your goal here.
Surely, it suffices to have required=True on the source
field for the CopyField.

Regards,
Gora