Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/16 05:52:12 UTC

JSON

Can we gt this one fixed? If the Body is empty don't through a Null Pointer
Exception?

Thanks

<http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=foundation%22>;*
>* -H "Content-type:application/json"*

You're telling Solr the body encoding is JSON, but then you don't send any
body.
We could catch that error earlier perhaps, but it still looks like an error?

-Yonik

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: JSON

Posted by William Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
thanks

--
Bill Bell
billnbell@gmail.com

Re: JSON

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Someone just opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-7574 which
is exactly what you experienced.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> That sounds reasonable. Please open a Jira issue.
>
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 9:22 AM, William Bell <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can we gt this one fixed? If the Body is empty don't through a Null
>> Pointer
>> Exception?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> >*
>> http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=foundation
>> "
>> <
>> http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=foundation%22
>> >;*
>> >* -H "Content-type:application/json"*
>>
>> You're telling Solr the body encoding is JSON, but then you don't send any
>> body.
>> We could catch that error earlier perhaps, but it still looks like an
>> error?
>>
>> -Yonik
>>
>> --
>> Bill Bell
>> billnbell@gmail.com
>> cell 720-256-8076
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: JSON

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
That sounds reasonable. Please open a Jira issue.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 9:22 AM, William Bell <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we gt this one fixed? If the Body is empty don't through a Null Pointer
> Exception?
>
> Thanks
>
> >*
> http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=foundation
> "
> <
> http://localhost:8983/solr/gettingstarted/select?wt=json&indent=true&q=foundation%22
> >;*
> >* -H "Content-type:application/json"*
>
> You're telling Solr the body encoding is JSON, but then you don't send any
> body.
> We could catch that error earlier perhaps, but it still looks like an
> error?
>
> -Yonik
>
> --
> Bill Bell