Posted to user@struts.apache.org by eizo umeda <um...@megafusion.co.jp> on 2003/03/15 18:32:24 UTC

how to pass the value from FormBean to custom tag

hi I am having a trouble with developing a custom tag in struts.
When I try to get a value which create in the FormBean, I could not
pass to the value in my custom tag when an action "/test" is run.

jsp is looks like this...
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/customtag.tld" prefix="MyCustom" %>
<MyCustom:MyCustom name="fooForm" property="value" />

<form-beans type="org.apache.struts.action.ActionFormBean">
   <form-bean name="fooForm" type="test.LoginForm" />
</form-beans>
....... snip
<action path="/test" name="fooForm" scope="request" type="test.LoginAction">
</action>

fooFormBean is the name of form-bean in the struts-config.xml, and
has setValue method and getValue method. In the MyCustom class, I
tried to grab the instance of fooBean, which is actually test.LoginForm class.
does anybody has an idea to solve the issue?
Also, i would like to know if there are good pointers which describe to develop
a custom tag in struts.

Thanks for any help,

----
eizo umeda  umeda@megafusion.co.jp