Posted to user@excalibur.apache.org by "Damiano Zucconi - I.S.I. s.r.l." <d....@isipc.it> on 2005/10/17 12:47:40 UTC

Exception disposing container

Hi all

I've recently updated my test application with latest release of Fortress
(1.2).
I've configured into my container 2 simple components.
For a simple test, i've started and immediatly disposed the container but
disposing fortress container a NullPointerException is signaled:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.handler.PerThreadComponentHandler.doDispose(
PerThreadComponentHandler.java:80)
	at
org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.handler.AbstractComponentHandler.dispose(Abs
tractComponentHandler.java:294)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.dispose(ContainerUtil.ja
va:306)
	at
org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.handler.LEAwareComponentHandler.dispose(LEAw
areComponentHandler.java:124)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.dispose(ContainerUtil.ja
va:306)
	at
org.apache.avalon.fortress.impl.AbstractContainer.dispose(AbstractContainer.
java:799)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.dispose(ContainerUtil.ja
va:306)
	at net.storm.impl.container.Starter.init(Starter.java:74)
	at net.storm.impl.container.Starter.main(Starter.java:39)

Removing my components from container configuration, the Exception in no
more throwed.
Can you help me to understand what kind of error in my components design can
produce an exception like this ?

Thank you for your time

Damiano Zucconi