Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/26 21:41:20 UTC

geronimo plugins and snapshot artifacts

Thanks to Jason's help the geronimo plugins in 1.2-SNAPSHOT are
published in the maven snapshot repository.  However, the plugin
installer gbean can't install them because filenames for published
snapshot artifacts can use a special naming convention.  Normally the
artifact's filename takes the form:
  <artifactId>-<majorversion>.<minorversion>-SNAPSHOT.<type>
But for snapshot artifacts it can take the form:
  <artifactId>-<majorversion>.<minorversion>-<timestamp>-<buildNumber>.<type>
The timestamp and buildNumber come from a file called
maven-metadata.xml in the artifact's download directory.

I created GERONIMO-2521 to update PluginInstallerGbean so it can
download snapshot artifacts that use the naming convention described
above.  There's a patch attached to that JIRA if anyone wants to
provide feedback before I commit the change.

thanks,
Paul

Re: geronimo plugins and snapshot artifacts

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
That crossed my mind but I wasn't sure about the future of that
branch.  Any idea on the possibility of a 1.1.2?

Paul

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,