Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2009/08/12 17:10:40 UTC

starting some widget authoring docs

As part of my recent experiments with widgets I have started to write
some docs on how to develop a widget. So far I have not tried serving
the widget from Wookie, instead I have been using the Opera browser
and tookits. I've created a simple ant script that helps with this.
Once we have the wookie code in SVN I'll make all this happen with the
wookie server as well - I just wanted to get going and the learning
curve for Opera was not as steep for me and besides, I suspect the
widget emulator will be useful for people testing widgets on different
form factors. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway see http://cwiki.apache.org/WOOKIE/building-widgets.html

Ross

--
Ross Gardler

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk

Re: starting some widget authoring docs

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
2009/8/12 Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Ross,
>
> I had a stab at a widget guide for authors here:
>
> http://tencompetence.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/tencompetence/wp6/org.tencompetence.widgetservice/docs/widget_dev_guide_09.doc
>
> I'll convert the doc to go on the wiki as well at some point.

Yay, that would be really useful. I see that it answers my earlier
question about storing data.

I'm going to create an issue so we don't forget this excellent resource.

Ross

Re: starting some widget authoring docs

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ross,