Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> on 2002/04/28 09:55:31 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr configure.in CHANGES

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 07:49:34AM -0000, jerenkrantz@apache.org wrote:
> jerenkrantz    02/04/28 00:49:34
>
>   Modified:    .        configure.in CHANGES
>   Log:
>   Not all platforms can mmap /dev/zero, so we need to do an explicit check
>   for that.  If that were to fail, then make it appear as /dev/zero never
>   existed in the first place.
>
>   PR: 8537

Can we make sure this change does NOT get into 2.0.36?  (Don't think
it should, but if Sander retags .36 from HEAD...)

I'm worried that this may return a false negative in some
circumstances on platforms I don't have access to (it correctly
passes on Linux), so I'd like this to get the benefit of a complete
development cycle.

I've pointed the person who filed the PR to CVS.  -- justin