Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by tuandang <td...@cxf.co.jp> on 2001/10/31 07:17:44 UTC

Setting up JetSpeed with JRUN/Win2K

Hi
I found an old email that shows me how to set Jetspeed 1.0 to run on
Allaire's JRun 2.3.3 below. Currently I have Jetspeed-1.3a1 , JRun 3.0 and
Windows 2000. The folder's structure and configuration have changed. Please
give me ideas to show me what I have to do to configure Jetspeed to run on
JRun. Any suggestion will be highly welcome.
Thanks a lot
DangTuan
tdang@cxf.co.jp

=== GENERAL SETTINGS
1. Download and unzip the latest distribution (1.1)
2. On JRun create a directory /classes under /jsm-default. Unjar all the
libraries on /Jetspeed-1.1/lib on that directory, and also Jetspeed.jar
(I'm using NT4.0 - I couldn't run it just by declaring all jars on the
classpath even after restarting the system)
3. Create a directory /tmp under /jsm-default and an empty text file called
turbine.log inside it.
4. Create a directory /JetspeedDocumentCache inside /tmp
5. Copy /content from your distribution to /jsm-default/services/jws/htdocs
6. Create a jetspeed-cache under the same directory (htdocs)

=== ON THE CONFIG FILES
7. On TurbineResources.properties:
- Change logfile property to the path of the turbine.log file you created.
   The format is, for instance: /c:/JRun/jsm-default/tmp/turbine.log

- Change jetspeed.properties to the path of JetspeedResources.properties
   as, for instance:
/d:/Jetspeed-1.1/src/config/JetspeedResources.properties

8. On JetspeedResources.properties:
- Change the address of defaultPortlets.xml using the file: protocol,
   as follows:

    file:///d:/jetspeed-1.1/src/content/xml/defaultPortlets.xml

   Until I do this way, I was getting a NullPointerException on
   PersistentDocument.getRemoteFile() after using file: everything
   is working

- Declare the cache directory created previously on cache.directory

   /c:/Jrun/jsm-default/tmp/JetspeedDocumentCache

- Same for public.cache.directory

  /c:/JRun/jsm-default/services/jws/htdocs/jetspeed-cache

- Same for xmlportletcontroller.stylesheet

  /d:/jetspeed-1.1/src/content/xml/defaultstyle.xsl

- Same for cocoon.properties.file

  /d:/jetspeed-1.1/src/config/cocoon.properties

8. Restart JRun
9. If you have a dial-up connection, connect to the internet to download
    the external resources
10. Access http://localhost:port/jetspeed