Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeffrey Pawlan <jp...@pawlan.com> on 2007/11/14 21:25:04 UTC

what is error code 29 (make: Fatal error)

I have had SpamAssassin version 3.1.7  running on Perl version 5.8.7 running
perfectly for a year. The system is a Sun workstation (SPARC) with Solaris
5.9.

Last night I tried to upgrade spamassassin to the current version by running
as Root:
	perl -MCPAN -e shell
	o conf prerequisites_policy ask
	install Mail::SpamAssassin
	quit

After about 40 minutes, I got the following message and then entered quit.
Spamassassin was neither upgraded nor damaged.
But what is the cause and the fix for this error?

Failed 1/141 test programs. 2/1974 subtests failed.
*** Error code 29
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `test_dynamic'
  /usr/ccs/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Failed during this command:
  JMASON/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.3.tar.gz        : make_test NO

Re: what is error code 29 (make: Fatal error)

Posted by Jonathan Armitage <jo...@hepworthband.co.uk>.
Jeffrey Pawlan wrote:
> I have had SpamAssassin version 3.1.7  running on Perl version 5.8.7 running
> perfectly for a year. The system is a Sun workstation (SPARC) with Solaris
> 5.9.
>
> Last night I tried to upgrade spamassassin to the current version by running
> as Root:
> 	perl -MCPAN -e shell

Jeffrey,

This doesn't answer your question, but it may solve your problem.

I have spent most of today failing to install SA 3.2.3 on a Sun V120
running Solaris 10 by using CPAN.

In the end I downloaded the tarball and installed manually. It worked
first time.

I suspect some of the tests don't work properly if you are root.

Jon