Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu> on 2009/10/07 18:12:38 UTC

IndexWriter InfoStream in solrconfig not working

Hello,

We are trying to debug an indexing/optimizing problem and have tried setting the infoStream  file in solrconf.xml so that the SolrIndexWriter will write a log file.  Here is our setting:

<!--
         To aid in advanced debugging, you may turn on IndexWriter debug logging. Uncommenting this and setting to true
         will set the file that the underlying Lucene IndexWriter will write its debug infostream to.
        -->
    <infoStream file="/tmp/LuceneIndexWriterDebug.log">true</infoStream>

After making that change to solrconfig.xml, restarting Solr, we see a message in the tomcat logs saying that the log is enabled:

build-2_log.2009-10-06.txt:INFO: IndexWriter infoStream debug log is enabled: /tmp/LuceneIndexWriterDebug.log

However, if we then run an optimize we can't see any log file being written.

I also looked at the patch for  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1145, but did not see a unit test that I might try to run in our system.

Do others have this logging working successfully ?
Is there something else that needs to be set up?

Tom

Re: IndexWriter InfoStream in solrconfig not working

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
OK, move the infoStream part in solrconfig.xml from indexDefaults into
mainIndex and it should work.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.